Many times getting a smaller looking mid-section has to do with building up your upper and lower body so that your middle appears to be narrower. Front plate raises will help you increase your upper body size creating an illusion of a narrower waistline.
Have you ever looked at a guy with bigger, well built shoulders and wondered what is it that he does to get those amazing wide shoulders? Well the answer is quite simple; he follows a rigorous workout regimen to get those shoulder muscles.
But it is easier said than done. If you hit the gym regularly you would know that it is very difficult to build muscles on your shoulder safely and effectively.
But it doesn’t mean that it is impossible to get bigger and wider shoulders. It is more like a challenge than a workout and once you successfully achieve the results then you will be amazed looking at the big guy in your mirror and wonder who it is, latter realizing that it is you. Well thinking about that wonderful moment gets a smile on your face right?
Then what are you waiting for, let’s just get straight away to the exercising tips that can help you get those perfect shoulders.
For fresher’s, if you are exercising for the first time on your shoulder muscles then front plate raises back is the best exercise to start with. Below are the steps to be followed to do the front plate raises back exercise effectively:
• Start with warm up exercises instead of exerting pressure on those delicate joints.
• Once you are done with warm ups, stand straight while you hold the barbell plates in your hands at 45 and 135 degrees position respectively( in other words at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock position). Extend your arms completely with your palms facing each other. Keep your arms locked with a slight bend at your elbows. Hold the plate down near your waist in front of you as far as you can hold it. Always note, a thumb rule to be followed here is that your arms should remain in the same position throughout the exercise, as this will be your starting position.
• As you exhale slowly, raise the barbell plate above your shoulder level and hold this position for a second or two. Then inhale and get back to the starting position. An important tip to be taken into consideration here is to always be sure that you do not swing the weight or bend at the elbows while you lift the plates. Your upper body should remain motionless throughout this movement.
• Note that as you inhale and get back to the starting position, you need to bring down the weight slowly. Ensure that you do not play with weight whatsoever.
• If you are performing this exercise for the first time, then begin with a 25 pound plate and do one set of 25 reps for the first two weeks, thereby increasing it to 3 sets of 10-12 reps in the 3-4 week, 3 sets of 15 reps in the 5-6 week and then 3 sets of 20 reps in the 7-8 week. Thereby increasing it as per your convenience. If you are an advanced lifter then you can straight away start by lifting a 45 to 100 pound plate.
The benefits of the front plate raise exercise is that it makes your shoulders wider and bigger, which will make your body look lean and perfect. After all, great shoulders equals a great body.